Sentinel Restaurant Association was founded in 1984. Daryl Tallon, a 27 year veteran of Farmers Insurance, assumed the helm in 1995 and remains in its lead position to this day. His long-standing tenure assures members can rely on a wealth of experience and an understanding of how to best serve their needs.
With nearly 3,000 restaurant members, SRA is also the largest Farmers Safety Association in the United States. It is an established brand in the restaurant industry, continuing its rapid expansion through excellent customer service.
SRA actively participates in food industry shows within the State of California, continues to introduce vendors who offer exclusive discounts to SRA members, and has helped countless members with questions or concerns regarding their loss control.
Group Number: 34
Eligible States: California
Eligible classification codes:
- 9079(1) – Restaurants or Taverns – All Employees – Including Musicians and Entertainers – N.P.D (less than 50% of receipts from sale of alcoholic beverages)
- 9079(6) -Restaurants – Fine Dining (Restaurants shall develop an estimated annual premium of $15,000 or more and engage exclusively in providing table service for lunch and dinner meals only. Restaurants with restricted menus, often referred to as coffee shops sandwich shops and/or restaurants with only counter service operations are not eligible to be written under this classification.)
Why Join SRA?
- Discounts on your Farmers workers compensation policy.
- Federal and State labor law posters given to every new client.
- Quarterly Safety Newsletters.
- Semi-annual safety meetings for members.
- Website with the latest safety news and information, safety tips, and links to other safety websites.
- Access to mysafetypoint.com website
- Online loss control safety programs.
- Periodic loss history analysis done for all members.
- Significant discounts through various vendors related to the restaurant industry.
- Dedicated loss control team assigned specially for the members of the association.
- Loss control surveys and consultation services.
- 5% group discount applied to workers compensation premium.
- 5% Account completion discount on workers compensation premium when the business owners policy is written.
- 5% discount applied to commercial auto when Business owner’s policy is written.
- First year in business eligible for membership.
- I know I don’t have to wait for a response from SRA when I call or email. I have always gotten quick answers and solutions to any problems or questions I have regarding my membership and the industry – and with a pleasant attitude. Rudy Castro